Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Back to Alice

First of all, I want to thank all of you who left those wonderful comforting comments on my last PPF post. I would have like to have answered every one but I just choked up, so I thank you now. It was a healing process for me as now I can remember Mum as she was and not how she is now.


Proverbs 31:15 can easily be summed up as the “early bird catches the worm!” I know Alice throughout her life was up before dawn getting things ready for the day. She grew up on a dairy farm and I know she helped with the milking as a child as her brothers were away at war(1st World War). Then, she married a farmer so rising before dawn was firmly entrenched. When my Grandparents sold the farm and moved into town, they had a dairy (corner store) which necessitated early starts as it opened at 6am! When they retired from that she couldn't bear the idleness. As the children were all grown and gone, she took in boarders, usually youngsters from remote country areas starting their first job. These boarders became part of the family as she became a second Mum to many of them.

I remember whenever we stayed with her she was up before dawn and cooking the meals for the day, especially a big breakfast for the men. Making lunches for the boarders and picnics for us as she loved to take us on excursions to various local beaches and parks. I think perhaps cooking was one of her greatest loves. I still remember her baking. I wonder what she would make of all the cheffy TV programmes nowadays?

The early rising and getting a good start on the day I know she instilled in my aunties, cousins, sister and in myself, as we are all early risers. So Nana, you fulfilled the Proverbs 31:15 criteria here with distinction.

To create this work, I used two paintings and merged them in Photoshop. With only a few tweaks.




 I would have liked to done it as one piece but time constraints were against me, because I would have had to use layers and each layer needs to dry. This brings me to the conclusion that I need two weeks for each work as I am starting to feel I am on a conveyor belt. So now, I will only do my tribute to Proverbs 31 ladies once a fortnight. Which is is some ways good, as I have started on another work which is big, so I can post on that, starting next week. To wet your taste buds it is a triptych called “Up the Creek”, well the first painting is, as you all know when you get into the creating, things can change. Have a happy PPF.


Linked to Paint PartyFriday and Spiritual Sundays.



12 comments:

  1. wonderful tribute Sharon and am sure painting her helps ease the pain. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tribute ~ painting is beautiful ~ lots of healing hugs ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The use of 2 paintings combined into 1 is fabulous! Painting offers me so much comfort- hope it does for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tribute and very creative the way you combined two paintings! Painting and creating can be very healing... Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tribute. I like the two into one. Can't wait to see the "up the creek". Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tribute, and lovely melding of the two paintings. I love the combination of both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I left a comment here and it's gone.... So I'll just try it again ;-)
    Wonderful idea to merge 2 paintings, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. The outcome looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found comfort in our comments last week. :)
    You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Your paintings are wonderful.
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful tribute, and hope the days ahead look brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the melding of both these paintings. I am every so amazed at what one can do with a computer, but still in all it remains YOUR art work!
    Beautiful.
    Have fun with the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tribute. Love the paintings. Thank you for sharing again.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated

    ReplyDelete