Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Face 13

This watercolour sketch is of a lady that I draw from time to time in an attempt to get her illusive quality of confidence. Her image has stayed in my head for a number of years. She was fascinating. I saw her at a wine festival, and she was decked out in her finest. Her clothes were bright and contrasting, she had used strong colours for her makeup and her hair was spiky and stood out like in the sketch, The colours were purple red and orange. She walked head tall and proud. I would say she was not a day under 50! Even though the colours were loud, she gave out the air of elegance. Oh to have such courage to be herself, I always think of this lady whenever I get nervous about what people will think of me. One day I will capture her qualities, I am nearly there, but I am missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment