Pages

Friday 29 November 2013

What is the Key to Your Heart?





I have a friend who is celebrating her 40th wedding anniversary.  She and her husband are so still in love.  It is so heartwarming to see in this day of short unstable relationships.  I asked her once what the secret was, she replied flowers and dancing!  Happy Anniversary, mates.  

So today I am imaging them dancing in their kitchen, he with flowers in his mouth, and the key to her heart is there for his taking!
I am not sure that dancing would have been the key to my happiness, as I have two maybe four left feet.  But flowers and laughter would have opened my heart.  What would open yours?

It is my birthday today and the nicest thing of all was some lovely calls from far, far away and the arrival of a wonderful cookbook on baking that I won from the Online Magazine “Sweet Living”.  (I will blog about it on my cooking blog later on) but check it out if you are interested in crafty stuff and cooking, it has links to some amazing blogs.


“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”
- John Lennon

Have a wonderful week everyone, joining up with the wonderful creative people from Paint Party Friday, go and have a look there is some amazing art out in blogland.

21 comments:

  1. First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Beautiful painting, and love the story behind it - 40 years is a loooong time, glad they are still so happy. I will have to think about the key(s) to my heart! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday ! a super painting is this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sharon have a great day. Love the story behind the fab painting.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Flowers and dancing' what a wonderful way to life and love! Congrats on your win and a happy belated birthday to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Sharon! :-) A wonderful painting and lovely story of your friend! Well dancing would have been a key to my heart - but my husband doesn't dance so… he won me over with other qualities!
    Wishing you a happy day!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!Gorgeous art and story!Love is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having a wonderful day Sharon! That's great that you won something and it arrives right on your birthday! I love your new blogheader, and your artwork is so vibrant and alive. Love your interpretation of their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!! Have a super day! I love the flowers coming out of the man's mouth! What a fabulous image! It made me smile right away. This is a super piece of art. Really great with getting the message out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly lovely painting, and somehow it gives that happy feeling of a Chagall painting. What still works for us after 56 years? Laughter most certainly and shared interests. Painting so lovely I have scrolled back a few times to look again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy , happy birthday to you dear Sharon!! Love your painting-it also reminds me of a New year's celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Happy Birthday Sharon, best of wishes to you! Your art is so full of color and fun! Being happy together after so many years is such a blessing, being on the same wave length is important and sharing together is what works for us.
    Keep well dear friend,
    hugs
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful journal page. I love that it was inspired by a happy marriage. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday dear lady!! Hope it's wonderful. Dancing would have won me over...my ex had two left feet. Now it wouldn't matter though. Laughter is always important to me!! I love love love your couple dancing. My parents lasted a long time with dancing under their belt and they danced in the kitchen too!! No flowers were involved though...just love!! Enjoy your day! Wishing a life full of creative bliss!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy birthday beautiful Lady! your journal page is so sweet and heart warming. Thank you for sharing and big hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely whimsical sketch! I must admit flowers make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely art and story behind it! Happy Birthday and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday, my husband and i have been married 29 years and the secret for us is communication! Lovely piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. dancing even when you have to left feet! i love this whimsy look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delightful tribute to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy BIrthday Sharon! Love your painting of your dancing friends! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Sharon! I love your fun art today! xo

    ReplyDelete